Ok so I was going to post this as a Facebook status but realized I had way to many thoughts and characters for that. So here's my blog, welcome for the first time or welcome back. Anyway!!! Most of you know that I work at a church office, part of my job is to create the "slides" for the "big screens" on Sundays. Well as I was putting in one song I had a moment that rocked me to my core and almost brought me to my knees. We're having a guest speaker this Sunday at church named Andrew Heard, you can find his story at Andrewheard.com. As I was putting in the song by Matt Redmann "You Never Let Go" the first verse struck me, the words are:
Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out all fear.
And even when I'm caught in the middle
Of the storms of this life
I won't turn back I know you are near.
Well this gentleman that will be speaking on Sunday and singing this song with our congregation is terminally ill. I keep wondering how is he going to feel singing those words. Thinking abut this man singing these words brought me to tears and I was just reading them. This gentleman is "At the shadow of death" and it made me think have I ever known someone that is this close to death, and sang these words. In Andrew's last days he's spreading the news of this Jesus he can't wait to meet, he's speaking of this heaven that he knows is glorious. In his last blog posted talks about how his doctor telling him he had a 40% chance of living until August and a 20% chance to live another year. He states in his blog that he is NOT afraid to die and he will give this year everything he has to impact the Kingdom of God! Well let me tell you I know Jesus but this impacted me & i want to impact the Kingdom also. Will you join me in praying for Andrew and his wife and daughter he will leave behind. If you have no church to attend will you join me this Sunday. If you don't know Jesus will you ask me about Him. If you're struggling with something will you share it with someone.
I hope this made sense and I hope my thoughts came out ok. You just never know how or what God will use impact you and change the way you've been thinking. So with all that said, will you use your last breath? Will you use your final days? Will you live your life to impact the Kingdom? That's what I'm asking my self and that's what's on my mind.
Live blessed and God Bless!
Alvesa
Andrewbheard.com
ReplyDelete